Re: space duel and asteroids combined?

From: <Rcpilot2u_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 22:47:06 EST

In a message dated 11/10/1999 5:43:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ClayC@diamondmm.com writes:

<< I'd started a couple thing with it. I made a little card-edge connector
 that plugs the end of an Asteroids board and then plugs into a SpaceDuel
 cabinet. The board has some circuitry and comes with a replacement vector
 ROM. The end result is a color version of Asteroids. (Rocks are colored,
 saucer is colored, fonts, shots, ship, everything... But in a coherent
 manner-- not just hooking the brightness up to different color lines. ;-)

 Only a couple people seemed interested, so I never did anything with it.

 I was also kicking around porting Asteroids and.or Deluxe to SpaceDuel
 hardware. That's just a "wonder if I could" project probably for the
 SpaceDuel multigame (the cartridge based thing Jeff and I are tinkering
 with). It's a fair amount of work, but not impossible. Have to finish the
 Exidy Multigame first, and get the MultiJAMMA shipping though...

 -Clay

That sounds awsome. A multo Atari vector kit would be nice to do. Is there
anyway to make Asteroids white? All colors combined?