Re: DAC question

From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 13:08:01 EST

Yeah, the AD 7528 is a dual 8 bit digital output chip. They are still
available, but I have a LOT of them and was thinking maybe we could use them
for a diagnostic and trick intro screen for the new monitors, have it come
up on boot, then hand over control to the input bus after a set time. They
are parallel input, and you write to them like memory locations! They could
practically run off an eprom with a clock and an address increment chip
alone, or your cool little micro if it had enough lines.

James