Re: Testing XY games on oscilloscope

From: Mendel Pearl <mendel_at_matranortel.nl>
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 05:49:44 EST

Most scopes work in the opposite as a vector minotor: A positive signal blanks
the trace (so the input can be grounded while it is not used to ensure the trace
is not blanked).

The game outputs a positive signal to do the opposite: to unblank the trace. So
you need to invert the boards output (very simple by using an opamp) and maybe
you need to add somekind of offset adjustment to adjust the dark/light level on
the scope.

Cya !

Mendel Pearl

Matt Rossiter - Verio Southern California <matt@rossiters.com> on 11/18/99