Cat Box on Ebay/Rat Box

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 18:55:19 EST

I almost bid on this today. Probably shoulda!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=198592767

I am a little new to the vectorlist, in fact I got in right after
someone told me that discussions were occuring regarding building a low
cost alternative to Atari's Cat Box, called a "Rat Box". By the time I
had joined these discussions had dried up and I am *way* too lazy to
search the archives.

Would someone mind filling me in on the status of this project and what
exactly the rat box is designed to do? Would it allow the use of the
signature's already published by Atari to test/repair boards (eg, the
Tempest Troubleshooting Guide), or would it require a whole new
catalogue of signatures. [Pardon me if I don't make any sense here, I
have never used a signature analyzer (but hope to soon)].

Thank You!
Noel