My 25" Major Havoc Lives!!

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sun Nov 21 1999 - 00:42:20 EST

With many thanks to my brother Rob (whom is also on this list), my 720
conversion to Major Havoc was a success. Well... At least for the most
part. Here's the problem.. The game is wired and plays great, but the yoke
I pulled from an Amplifone is not made for the 90? degree 25" tube, and is
unable to reach the sweet zone for convergence (the sides of the screen
are the wrong colors). It needs to move an inch or so closer to the front
of the tube for it to work. Since I bent back the metal guides and clipped
a little bit of the plastic from the yoke, this is an impossible task. The
good news is that the unknown Penn Trans HV transformer is now known to be
working! Any ideas? I was thinking I should pull the Amplifone parts and
throw in Wells Gardner. But I'd hate to go through that kind of ordeal if
I think the same thing is going to happen again. Also, I haven't seen any
reference to the magnetic strips that are on the tubes other than in a
parts list in a couple manuals. Is there any good documentation on
using/applying these? Should I order more from somewhere?

Jon

For those who are interested, I'll post some pics when I paint the cab
black, and then some more after I put on some custom art that Roy is making
for me. (Thanks again Roy.. I'll try to get the cutouts back to you next
week) Also, if any of you are ever near Delaware, feel free to stop in and
have a go at it.