RE: vectorbeam hardware

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_e-simple.com>
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 18:35:50 EST

> Now if we only had a decent source of X/Y monitors, a new X/Y
> gaming platform
> would be very feasible. (And with the proper software could
> accurately emulate
> all the old games!)

Hear Hear!

Modified display drivers for MAME/Retrocade and the Vectrex emulators to
talk through the new X/Y interface (parallel, USB, whatever) and away you
go!

Of course, real easy for us management types to say ;-)

I can't offer anything on the hardware side, but I would happy roll up my
(dusty) hacking sleeves on the software side if a PC-X/Y monitor interface
was available.

<DREAMMODE>
    * Reasonable supply of reliable PC-X/Y compatible
        25-33" vector monitors with medium res tubes
        (I agree that the Cinematronics interface is
        extremely straightforward, although I suspect
        we could support a higher referencable screen
        resolution today)

    * Drawings to allow manufacture 4 player Eliminator
        replacement cabinets

    * Simulated N-Player Eliminator with Net play
        (retro death match!)
</DREAMMODE>

Ray