Star Wars Woes...

From: Dave Downin <downin_at_smarty.smart.net>
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 23:29:16 EST

Ok, I've been beating my head against a brick wall trying to figure out a
problem on a Star Wars board set. When in self test, it reports EVERY single
vector RAM and the vector ROM are all bad... everything else checks out (beep
wise - no display).

I checked all the vector RAMs and the ROM and they are all good, checked the
245's and 244's on the board... It finally occured to me to try the AVG board
in another working set to see if the problem moved with the board... it
didn't! Damn, here I've been going all over the AVG board and it looks like
the problem is somewhere on the main board.

So, anyone have any ideas where on the main board I want to start looking?
What the hell would cause all the vector RAM and ROM to test bad but
everything else fine?

--
Dave Downin (dave@arlo.net)
        "Sorry, the world is nuts.  It can't be helped" - Arlo Guthrie