Re: Something cool I didn't realize about Tempest

From: Eric Clayberg <clayberg_at_smalltalksystems.com>
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 13:11:43 EST

>I've looked through the manual, but I can only find the FREEZE DEMO mode
>to zoom down all levels.

Actually, demo and freeze mode are independent of one another and can be
invoked separately. Having a front mounted freeze switch comes in really
handy when the phone rings while you are playing a normal game. BTW, there
are lots of games out there with freeze modes like this (Star Wars and Tron
come to mind).

>They did not talk about the ability to actually play these.
>so I guess I've never bothered.

You can play the levels just fine in demo mode...with the added ability to
"escape" at any time by hitting the start button. The only downside to demo
mode is that it does not record scores.

-Eric