RE: Selling Items on VL

From: <FBowen_at_checkfree.com>
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 10:53:31 EST

I'm not trying to keep this thread going (REALLY!) but it will come up
again (and again and again and again). Why? Because the FS criteria is
SUBJECTIVE!

I too hardly ever read RGVAC anymore (except for the Clay & Mark Spaeth
threads. They are really funny) because one must do a lot of work to find
the useful information. But I would also like the possibility to share and
get good deals on ANYTHING that could conceivably be related to vector
videogames (parts, equipment, service, records, posters, etc). A lot of
times I don't know that these things exist, so how can I look for them?

I propose we take the previous idea of only allowing them on one day a
month and add the requirement that the subject start with one string:
"COMMERCE:" This would apply for anything to be sold, bought, traded,
beaten up, blended, given away, transmogrified, etc. This would resolve
the issue with the subjective criteria and different people's
interpretations. Then people could set up filters on the string and/or
delete all messages from the specified day if they choose.

HOWEVER, I would prefer to keep the list in it's current state than see it
turn into another RGVAC, if those are the only two choices.

jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu@lists.cc.utexas.edu on 12/01/99 08:41:13 PM

Please respond to vectorlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu

Sent by: owner-vectorlist@lists.cc.utexas.edu