RE: Test jig for testing Audio Reg II pcbs

From: Keith, Brendan <Brendan.Keith_at_wilcom.com>
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 09:39:36 EST

The first thing I do when repairing an Asteroids, Tempest or anything
else with an AR or AR2 is to solder jumpers on the back of the 9 pin
plug, connecting 1 to 2, and 3 to 6. I don't trust the whole "+/- sense,
self regulation" deal. If a little dirt or corrosion sets in on the board's
edge connector, the AR can boost up the voltage, possibly damaging
the board. This way, you have a plain 5V supply that can only
experience some voltage drop.

Brendan Keith
brendan.keith@wilcom.com