RE: Test jig for testing Audio Reg II pcbs

From: Keith, Brendan <Brendan.Keith_at_wilcom.com>
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 12:10:58 EST

> From: FBowen@checkfree.com[SMTP:FBowen@checkfree.com]
>

> I made the connections between +/-SENSE and +5/GND on my conversion
> harnesses. But then I needed easy access to and constant adjustment of
> the
> voltage on the AR2 because different boardsets and harnesses required
> vastly different voltage settings! So I think I'm going back to actually
> using the +/-SENSE lines but putting voltage limiters on my conversion
> harnesses as close to the boardset as possible. Does that sound
> reasonable?

Sure, whatever makes you happy. But if I wanted to use the SENSE lines,
I'd probably make an adapter that brought them out to alligator clips that I
could
clip to the +5/GND points on the board, for a more reliable connection.
The only problem would be if you bumped them and they disconnected, the
regulation would go crazy and fry the board.

That's why I prefer to just clip my meter to the +5/GND points and dial the
voltage
in for each board. Maybe you fix them and swap them so fast that you need
the
automatic regulation. I'm not that quick.

Brendan Keith
brendan.keith@wilcom.com