Don't try to fix it if it ain't broken...

From: Tek <mypearl_at_dds.nl>
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 16:14:16 EST

... Is something I can hardly live up to. there is always room for
'improvement'.

So I tried to burn a new 2732 EPROM with the Tempest tubes hack (by
combining rom 117 and 118 of a revision 2 boardset).

Ofcourse I had to pop in ROM 1 in reverse at the process (don't ask me
why), and ofcourse, it blew right out. The board itself is still OK,
judging from the working test screen and alive ROM select line.

Now I burned a new EPROM from the images form the Wiretap archive (www.
stormaster.com), but... you guess... IT DONT WORK, and still indicated a
ROM error at the ROM1 position...

As I am pretty confident burning ROMS, I suspect the ROM image to be
erratic (wouldn't be the first time). I really would like it if someone
could point me at another image file somewhere, or e-mail this to me
(hey, its only 4096 bytes ;) I have searched the net, bu could only find
the rev 1 or 2 for the 2716 2K roms...

Thanks a lot,

Mendel