Re: G08.... again!!!

From: Al Warner <batlzone_at_cyberenet.net>
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 15:59:25 EST

I've been using the monitor with the putty off and on for almost 2 years now without any
problems. While I don't think it is the best solution, it is A solution. I guess as
long as the components hold up and the putty is working, it should work just fine.

-Al-

ddhumphr wrote:

> Tried the putty Al, it seems to be working! Any idea how long this will last? This
> is a G08 after all...
>
> Ace
> Ni-Wumpf Ltd.
>
> Al Warner wrote:
>
> > On at least two monitors that I've worked on, there was an arcing problem. What I
> > did was buy some insulating paint and putty. I painted the device in question,
> > let it dry, and put some of the putty over it. Problems seemed to be solved.
> > Still have the one monitor, no arcing.
> >
> > -Al-
> >
> > ddhumphr wrote:
> >
> > > Ok ok ok (feeling a bit Pesci-ish this AM), now I know we've all been down
> > > this path before, but bear with me a bit. What is the answer to solving the
> > > hassle that you get when lovely blue arcing growls it's way up from the bottom
> > > of the LOPT to the focus pot.? Answer; replace the wire. Well, in my case I
> > > cut off all of the rotten insulation for about 3 inches and put 4 layers of
> > > shrink wrap over it. But!!!! Now, I have that "lovely blue" arcing dancing
> > > around the edges of the Focus pot. itself.
> > >
> > > "Is my pot shot?" (heh heh heh... sorry, had to do it!)
> > >
> > > Can I get a new Focus pot.? Can I re-epoxy this thing that I have? I didn't
> > > think that my HV was bad before attempting to re-cap the deflection circuitry,
> > > I still don't... but is it possible that it's too hot?
> > >
> > > Inquiring minds want to know....

-=               Al Warner batlzone@cyberenet.net                    =-
-= Learn how to install a Cap Kit in your video game's monitor and   =-
-= see a whole lot more on my web page at:                           =-
-=               http://www.cyberenet.net/~batlzone                  =-