Tempest->Major Havoc conversion questions...

From: Andrew Wilson <awilson_at_seanet.com>
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 19:20:45 EST

        I've been tossing around the idea of buying one of those Major Havoc
PCBs I see bouncing around on eBay, and the MH->Tempest conversion board, and
putting them in my Tempest. I had a few questions that I wanted to ask here
before I blow $200 on them - sorry if I rehash stuff that's already been
covered on the previous thread...

        1) I know I need to rotate the monitor - is it easy to rotate the
Tempest monitor, or does it require a cabinet modification? It looks like I
can just pull the monitor out, rotate it 90 degrees, and slide it back in the
cabinet, but I'm not sure if the dimensions are correct. I ask, because I'll
want to be able to swap back and forth between MH and Tempest...

        2) The conversion MHs have a different crystal speed - does this have
a significant impact on gameplay? I read a few days ago that the sounds were
a little slower - is the game play slower as well? Or are there software
changes that make up for it?

                        Drew