Re: Asteroids Deluxe with WG19V2000 problems

From: Josh Wirth <jwirth_at_gru.net>
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 12:00:47 EST

Sorry, I guess I owe more of an explanation... When I bought the game, the
monitor did not work at all. The deflection board was severely corroded on
the solder side so I started out by removing as much of the old solder as I
could, then resoldered every point. That is when my dot-problem appeared
(of ocurse, I never saw it working in the first place.) I must have
inspected the deflection board at least 10 times over the last week but
something jumped out at me for the first time last night (maybe it was my
the new shop-light)... there was a small solder bridge (as thin as a hair)
between two pads near the Z connection. I simply heated one of the pads,
checked for discontinuity between the two previously bridged points, then
reinstalled the board. Game powered up and the monitor looks great.

Please don't flame me... I feel dopey enough as it is. Really. :)

Thanks again to all those who helped.

Josh