Re: Black Widow Prob

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 07:16:16 EST

> Op amps. Very likely.

Don't think so. This is basically what the signal looks like going into the
TL082.

> Check DAC regulators, I think one of them is way off or has ripple.

DAC regulators? Can you give me more details?

> I assume when you say it is not the monitor that you either tried another
> board, or the monitor in a different game and it worked fine.

Same game. Different board. Worked fine.

> Looks like my Tempest when one of the Pokeys was bad. Hmmmm.

Swapped out the POKEYs. No change.

> My guess would be the X output DAC (AM6012). I just repaired a Space duel
> with similar problems.

Hmmm... I'll look more into that.

Interestingly, I have a second BW board that has excatly the same problem,
only instead of the graphics being drawn only on the left, the second
board's graphics are being drawn only on the top.

Thanks all!
-roy-