Re: G05 Deflection Board Repaired

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 13:31:44 EST

> > ["you can short out the big resistor"]
>
> I know it probably won't make a big difference, but it seems like that
> resistor is needed to feedback the yoke drive current to the input
> diff pair, and replacing it with a short will cause a bit of distortion.
>
> Would be interesting to see how noticable that distortion is...

FWIW, it may also be in a Vectorlist archive. I remember wondering why
one of the large resistors in my Asteroids cocktail machine had been
shorted out with a length of heavy-gauge wire, and received a similar
response, that this is a relatively common practice.

(But I still wonder how these resistors manage to fail without blowing
other stuff up :-)

Later,
Doug.

--