Wells Gardner Prob

From: Dusty Nagle <dnagle_at_app-net.com>
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 21:39:53 EST

Hi List,

     I am a newbie to this list. I have owned an Atari Asteroids for about
10 years now though. I have always been able to keep it operational until
now. Below are specifics, if anyone can help, I would be most
appreciative.....(I love this game!)

Manufactured in 1981
Wells Gardner monitor (I think a 19V2000 but not sure)
Game plays great. (accepts quarters, start lights blink, game plays, just
can't see what is going on!!)

When I first turned the game on (idle for about 2 years), All I got was a
vertical line down the center of the screen.

A fuse was blowed on the deflection board.

Upon replacing fuse the spot killer LED stays lit but the fuse don't blow.

The high voltage lead to the monitor must be discharged after power has been
applied because it holds a pretty good ZAP!

In the dark, with the game on, the last output on the screen I saw was a
line from the center to the bottom in the vertical direction.

I have checked:

All semiconductors on V/H board
All " on HV board
Hor. and Ver. output to monitor
All fuses are good
All power supply fuses have AC power on them (I don't know how much Voltage
they should have though, no schematics)

Sorry to be such a newbie but this thing has got me pulling my hair out!!

Thanks in advance,
Dusty

P.S. I am thinking this might be a bad capacitor some where????