Quantum fix

From: Steven Zeuner <szeuner_at_snip.net>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 19:57:43 EST

I had some success today in getting the amplifone monitor HV unit working.
I wanted to post this cause I really don't know the direct fix. I had
gotten to the point where I put in a new Wintron flyback, capped the board.
New regulators, 3904's, replaced the W1 jumper. I also ordered some
SK3199's just in case.

What I finally did was in one swoop replaced the red mystery can, the driver
transformer assy (why? Who knows...there was nothing left!), and the 555
oscillator chip.

I now have heater voltage and a nice spot killer. Boiard repair is up next.

The board simply plays blind and trips the spot killer.

Thanks for the help all,
Steve