Re: vector tube glue stuff?

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 18:11:41 EST

I think that the concern is that the initial heat of the glue may cause enough stress in
the glass that it could crack and then implode. Probably not worth the risk. I prefer
contact cement to glue these back on. It is fast, plus it is easy to remove if you have
to, unlike silicone which will stay there forever unless you attack it with a razor blade.