RE: Asteroids Deluxe Repair Story

From: Mehrtens John-LJM071 <LJM071_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 15:18:30 EST

I did that, too with my SD...

So now I'm buying a Space Duel motherboard from a friendly (and very
patient) listmember! (along with some moulding)

Seems something else went awry, and I haven't had enough time to
troubleshoot my motherboard to the level I'd like.

Once I get this beast back up to 100%, I'll be happy... and my nephew will,
too, since he loves the game!

So cleaning the edge connector and pins may work most of the time, but there
can always be that one time where it'll bite you in the place where the sun
don't shine. (Hint: remember the wrist strap!!)

-John

]I did the same exact thing with my Battlezone.
]]cleaned the edge connector or the pins on the socketed chips.. DOH! That