Re: Neil @ Synthcom please contact me

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 12:36:08 EST

> Sorry for being off topic. Neil please contact me, I'm having trouble
> subscribing and sending posts to the Rasterlist. I receive others
> posts but whenever I send something it never comes up, but it doesn't
> seem to bounce either. Thanks! Jeff Bovee

Jeff - There are 2 or 3 problems going on, here.

The first is that there are still sites out there with stale IP addresses
for their DNS for Synthcom. I don't think it will be *ENTIRELY* resolved
until they all sync up (for about a week or so). This can cause problems
in messages getting to Synthcom.

Secondly, it's already clear that some of the anti-spam countermeasures
that are in place are making several messages go in to the bit bucket.

Thirdly, admin messages for Majordomo are *NOT* working properly because
of these countermeasures. I'm still trying to figure out why. So if you
don't see admin subscribe/unsubscribe messages come back to you, for now
that's "normal" until I figure out how to fix it. You are on the raster
list and the vector list as well.

Lastly, my ISP hasn't taken care of my reverse DNS mappings, so your
mailer may be throwing the messages out because they might appear forged.
I simply have to wait for them to get off their asses to do this.

Any of the above can cause problems. I ask for everyone's patience as the
bugs get worked out. Thanks!

-->Neil