Re: WG6100 picture fluctuation

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 14:28:01 EST

Certainly sounds like the high voltage is varying, but the DEFLECTION board
fixes it???

That would seem to point to the voltage regulators on the deflection board, but
the HIGH VOLTAGE supply is snapping???

Get a high voltage probe on this and see what you have. The regulator on the
high voltage supply might not be regulating OR might be set all wrong due to
the cap kit installation. Get that sorted out first before you get too excited
over working on the deflection board.

"Mark A. Jenison" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got a WG6100 here that's really puzzling me.
>
> The picture fluctuates (squishes up and down, left and right), and is
> rather small. Pressing and tapping on the deflection board has a
> direct effect. It is acting like an intermittent connection, but
> the fact that it is in both directions (X and Y) at the same time leads
> me to believe it is more power related.
>
> I have installed an entire Zanen cap kit in the monitor. I have
> resoldered all the pins (and taken some same paper to the pins to
> roughen them up), and resoldered anything that looks like it might
> have a bad solder joint. Check the main connector pins.
>
> A bunch of snapping seems to be coming from underneath the focus and
> screen knob on the HV unit. I can't tell it if is directly proportional
> to the screen fluctuations because both are happening too fast. The
> smaller picture (and the snapping) leads me to believe the HV is being
> driven too much (possibly?).
>
> Swapping out a known good deflection board solves all problems, so it
> appears to be local to the deflection board. Any ideas what part of the
> circuit could be causing this?
>
> --
> Mark Jenison

Windows: