Re: RE: Space Wars

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 02:28:53 EST

>But what are the chances of more than lets say 200 people using this
>system?
>okay, maybe 250??

If I sold 200 I'd be completely amazed. Maybe over enough years it could go
that high I guess...

>I have no problem with any of your choices (im a consumer too :-)

I don't mean to come across as gruff about it-- it's just a matter of
numbers. Selling to the largest available market gives me the best chance
of breaking even and eventually making money on the kits.

I could cut corners and use some cheaper processes for the boards and
what-not, but since this is a hobby I do what I like. ;-) I like the look
of the "real" PCB's with the shiny soldermask and silkscreens and surface
mount stuff is just more fun to build...

Plus, I need to hit some stuff into the "mass market" (such as it is) to
build up cash reserves so I can do the *real* money-losers like the
ExidyMultigame for fun. ;-)

-Clay