Major Havoc conversion questions

From: Mark E Davidson <Burbs1_at_concentric.net>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 21:45:06 EST

Question on a Major Havoc conversion. Since I have located all the parts

to do such a conversion, I am anxious so give it a try. Got my PC board,

adapter for ether Space Duel / Black Widow or a Tempest adapter board if

I choose to do a Tempest. I downloaded the manuals form Dave's site and
reading through them there is two topic that puzzle me. The fist one is
a section on modifying the power supply What are we doing here? The
manual
just says connect this to that but I need to know why or at least what
Im trying to do. The second is modifications to a WG 6100 monitor adding

diodes all over the place. Has anyone actually converted their machine
using this the manual as a guide? Is this all 100% necessary and will it

still be good to use in a Tempest, SD etc. after adding doing all this
modifications.
Thanks in advance
-=Mark=-
http://www.basementarcade.com/