Re: Re: Sega XY

From: Mark A. Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 18:18:05 EST

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Todd Miller wrote:

> So does this mean that the decoder PROM at location U30 is the same
> on all speech boards ?

Yes.

> Could you send me the images for Star Trek
> speech, perhaps what I have is corrupt. Most notably the phrases I'm
> missing are;
>
> Sector Secured <Checkov>
I've heard "Damage Repaired", but never Sector Secured...
> Point <Higher Pitch>
> Red Alert
>
> Thanks...

Um, believe it or not, I don't have the images (stored on disk, that is).
Yes, I don't think that the EPROM check done during self test checks the
speech EPROMs, so it sounds like an EPROM problem (if you are swapping in
other EPROMs and they are working successfully).

An interesting thing to note about Star Trek; in the speech test, there
is a "Press Player 1 Start" and "Press Player 1 or Player 2 Start".
I've never heard my machine say these two phrases, so either 1) I've got
a board problem myself, or 2) They never call those routines in the code.

If the latter is the case, maybe Clay in his copius spare time could
modify the code so that those phrases are used ;-).

Oohh, then add it to the multigame...then write a ST:TNG version, with
Borgs instead of NOMAD (or that stupid ship which takes your warp fuel).

--
Mark Jenison