WG6100 - going to ground?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 08:43:54 EST

        OK... dumb question here, probably, but a comment made elsewhere in
the list has me doubting my own memory now. :)

        I just finished doing a cap-kit job (my first one, yaaaay! :) ) on the
WG6100 out of my SPACE DUEL, and was getting ready to put it all back
together again, when I _thought_ I remembered someone making a comment to
the effect that "the ground supplied to the HV section through the
connector isn't the same as chassis ground."

        Now, I would _swear_ that when I took this apart, the three black wires
with the spade lugs on them (one coming from each of the three boards) were
in fact bolted down to the chassis, along with the two grey wires from the
picture tube and neck-board assembly. I would have _thought_ this would be
considered "chassis ground"... The schematics in the "Wells-Gardner
Quadrascan" manual (TM-183, 2nd printing) certainly don't show any
difference; they all have the same ground symbol on them.

        Am I mis-interpreting the comment? Am I mis-remembering how this thing
came apart? Did the previous owner of the machine put the monitor back
together incorrectly in the first place?

        And most importantly, where _do_ these three black wires go?!? :)