Re: DVG Multigame and Clay's ADL Multigame

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 18:26:12 EST

> your "non-profit, just for fun" venture is going to make my "mostly for fun,
> but needs to pay for itself too" venture impractical or should I just skip
> it and work on something else. (No big deal really, I just want to spend my

Think of it this way - those who are hardcore hackers will probably just
use mine unless they value one of your kits' advantages. I have no
intention of making any kits or making it productizable. That's why your
mod will still be quite attractive to everyone.

> >Spoken like a true hardware guy - someone who makes hardware mods to work
> >around software problems. ;-) Yeah, I've noticed everything is shifted,
> >too. I'll fix it so it's shifted properly. Should just be a simple matter
> >of positioning the beam when various things are drawn.
> Spoken like a true software guy - "should just be a simple matter of..."
> Boy, if I had a dollar for... (just messing w/ ya... ;-)

Ha ha ha... ;-)

> >FWIW, If you want to take the sources (disassemblies, actually) and use
> >them in your for-profit venture, fine by me.
> Thanks for the offer. I already had to disassemble everything last year to
> do all the patchwork on LL and DLX to get it running on AST. If you manage
> to hack around the LL offset in software though I'll be all ears!

This is more than a disassembly. This is a disassembly and it has been
modded so it can be relocated anywhere in memory. The other groovy thing
about this is that you aren't confined to the 6000-7fffh region. You can
add/delete/hack as you see fit.

> (I was thinking the offset might be kludge-able by just putting an extra
> "move" instruction at the beginning of the display list, but then I wasn't
> sure how the "zoom" for the actual landing would be affected and if
> positions were hard coded or calculated or what.

It sticks in absolute position beam moves, so we'd have to find the code
that actually does the writing of this. I'll find it.

> So the $0.69 worth of
> potentiometer started looking pretty cool compared to who-knows how long
> worth of software patches. ;-)

You also didn't have the ability to just make the code bigger easily. I'd
rather study source code and mod it

But in any case, you're welcome to whatever I create to use for whatever
purpose you want.

-->Neil