Re: RAT Box?

From: Anders Knudsen <anders.knudsen_at_broadlogic.com>
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 18:40:12 EST

Well. The word (or words) is that I'm still working on it. I ran into some
nasty snags with regard to timing between my controller and the game board.
Basically I'm having to deal with synchronization issues from the RAT clock
to the game board clock. Also the Xilinx part I chose was giving me fits,
so I had to cool off for a bit so I did not get too pissed off at the project.
Jeff and I are also looking at another alternative by using a micro
controller part instead of a programmed controller. This might be a better
solution in the long run, since the micro controller we're looking at has a
built in UART (Al, this means a Mac version is doable ;-)
I'm hoping to have an update for everyone here in about a month or so.
March is going to be busy for me, so It'll probably be April before I have
any new news.
Needless to say, it's still a doable project that I plan on completing.
Jeff has been hounding me quite a bit, so I have him to keep me focused on
RATBox. Plus he wrote a kick ass Windows UI front end with very versatile
API routines, making this whole thing look like it will shape up to be a
very very useful debug tool for the community here.

later,
-Anders.