RE: The King is dead

From: Ozdemir, Steven S, GOVMK <sozdemir_at_att.com>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 11:52:15 EST

G'day folks,

One possible conclusion of Tempest's fall in VAPS rankings could be that
vectorlist is not inclusive enough (vs RGVAC or other arcade forums) in
bringing newbie collectors into our fold. If we were more receptive of
"idiots", we might have more of them interested in owning a vector game.
Based on earlier email, the spare vector PCB's do seem to exist...perhaps
the spare vector monitors are required?

A seperate but more comfortable conclusion to Tempest's fall is that raster
projects that generate interest are further along than vector projects. Or
more simply put, rearranging Clay's to do list might have a pronounced
effect on VAPS.

Just some musings....I'll be ducking for cover now.

            Steve Ozdemir
            sozdemir@att.com

ps - I'm assuming that VAPS members represent the collecting community
proportionately. If not, a third conclusion could be that VAPS just draws
more raster collectors.