RE: Asteroids Deluxe backlight (follow up)

From: John Mehrtens <John_at_Drag-Net.com>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 23:33:13 EST

I forgot about that!

If that cover is missing, you can pick up a 'gel' (as it's known in the
lighting business) that's a medium shade of blue to cut down on the UV
fluorescing the phosphors on the CRT. You can find out more information
about gels at http://www.barbizon.com -- they have all sorts of colors to
mess with.

http://shop.barbizon.com/olc/group.cfm?category=2&group=37

And enter 'blue' -- I don't know the density off the top of my head...I'd
try Rosco Medium Blue (83 I think?) but don't quote me on that. I also
don't remember if the sheets are 2'x2' or not.. Might want to call the
folks at your local warehouse. I've been dealing with them for over a
decade and have nothing but good things to say about their company.

John