Tempest cabaret side art photos!

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_fastlane.net>
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 01:10:40 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Freeland" <mikefreeland@freelandphotography.com>
To: <woodcock@fastlane.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2000 10:21 AM
Subject: re:tempest cabaret

> Hey Gregg my name is Mike Freeland. I had put a post out on the
> newsgroup about sideart for cabarets. Noel Johnson gave me your email
> address and said you had a tempest cabaret with sideart. Just curious
> if you had any pics of your game (specifically sideart). And if you
> could tell me any details about the game's history. I cannot find
> documentation anywhere that says Atari cabaret's had sideart. A friend
> told me that he saw cabaret Dig Dug art one time. Also in one of my
> original Playmeter magazines from 1981 it shows a picture of Asteroids
> Deluxe cabaret with sideart. Thanks for your time and info! Mike

As per MANY requests I have taken several pictures of 1 side of my Tempest
cabaret. I plan to take more/better ones later but this ought to be enough
for you guys to get a good look at it. As far as I know, this is the only 1
ever seen. Notice the penciled outline about 1 inch or so out from the
outline (goes all the way around); don't know what that is all about. Has
anybody ever seen another cabaret of ANY game with side art? This pretty
clearly is "pro" art so I am assuming it is prototype; the cabinet came to
be completely gutted (no controls, monitor, harness, power supply stuff or
anything) so the "inside story" is a mystery.

Please check it out at:
http://www.fastlane.net/~woodcock/tminiall.jpg
http://www.fastlane.net/~woodcock/tminitop.jpg
http://www.fastlane.net/~woodcock/tminifrt.jpg