Major Havoc repro roller update (with picture links)

From: Mark E Davidson <Burbs1_at_concentric.net>
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 14:47:43 EST

Time for an update on this project. I tabulated the request list from
earlier this month (sorry for the spam Neil) and the interest was a
follows

10 people want a Complete Repro unit
3 people want repro green rollers
1 person wants a set of repro steel rollers
3 people request OEM steel rollers.

I have completed my second Prototype and am now making the top out of
Delrin. I solved the warpage issue in manufacturing the top plate by
making a special cutter just for the job. I have parts to make everyone
requests though I still haven't sat down and figured out the cost.
Expect no more then a standard new track ball.
What I could really use now from someone out there is a complete stock
MH roller for comparison. Those of you that want replacement OEM rollers
cant get them until I have a model. I would also like to compare the
delrin top plate to a OEM unit to make sure that the holes are correct
for those of you that will be wanting to drop one of these into your
stock game.
    I still have a different direction Im taking. My goal is a roller
set up on a Space Duel conversion. I have checked it out and the repro
roller, and as it stands right now, it should JUST fit. Im taking a
scrap SD control panel and welding up all the holes to make a MH version
with the repro roller. I have also talked to Roy 2 weeks ago on doing an
overlay and in fact gave him my MH panel for Space Duel for him to copy.

    But again, for everyone to benefit I need to borrow a complete stock
roller setup. It is my belief that the top plate is not to the OEM
format and could easily be made to that design and I need to measure up
the steel, for all who want rollers. HELP!

-=Mark=-

Some picture links

new Custom top plate cutter
http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/sd/mh/mhcutter.jpg

Cutter in action!
 http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/sd/mh/mhcuttercutting.jpg

New 2nd generation prototype
 http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/sd/mh/mhtopview.jpg

More being made (lots o parts, pcbs, pcb holders)
 http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/sd/mh/mhmoreparts.jpg

More units almost done
 http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/sd/mh/mhsemicomunits.jpg

A close up side view