Re: Test equipment

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 11:50:04 EDT

We will all come over and drink all your booze, and empty your fridge if
you do not buy that 'scope!

As for testing it, there is normally a test point on the front of better
scopes that you can hook the probes up to, this is for calibration and will
probably have a nice square wave of about 1V. Each channel should show this
on several ranges, and you can turn the horizontal to see if it compresses
normally. As for any delays, etc, these are difficult to check without
other equipment, but not that useful anyways for most service. You can also
use your finger as a test point! You should see all sorts of 60 cycle noise
if you touch the probe tip and you are not touching the ground of the scope
in any way. This will check the higher voltage settings safely. No current
or course (unless you are holding the hot end of a power cord ;-)

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com