G08 question

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 16:52:17 EDT

Hello all,

I am attempting to restore a couple G08 monitors and have noticed what
appears to be a hack on one of them. One of the X amp deflection
transistors (Q706) has a 100ohm, 1/4 watt resistor soldered accross the
two pins of the T0-3 transistor. Ditto for the Y amp deflection
transistor at Q606. Any ideas what these resistors accomplish and
whether I should leave them in place? It should be noted that the
hacked monitor was working recently, but just needed a cap kit.

Thanks in advance for any assistance! :-)

Noel