Re: Corrosion...

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 23:08:13 EDT

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:29:52 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>> It shouldn't be - commercial-spec components are rated for 0-70C (32 -
>>158F), while your hot-water heater is only set to about 120F (or _should_
>>be!).
>
> Hmmm...well we set ours a little higher, so it'll last longer, but
>aside from that, it's gas. (Warmer, cooler, but no numbers on the
>dial.) Any easy way of determining the temp? Do y'all think that a
>thermo under the tap would be accurate enough?

        It should be, if you have a thermometer that'll go that high. Besides,
that 0-70C is _operating_ temperature; the survival/storage temperature is
typically at least ten degrees C above and below that, or -10 - 80C (14 -
176F). Since water above 140F can cause scalding, I very much doubt you
have it turned up high enough to fry the parts. :)

When they took the fourth amendment, I said nothing because I didn't deal drugs.
When they took the sixth amendment, I said nothing because I hadn't committed a crime.
When they took the second amendment, I said nothing because I didn't own a gun.
Now they've taken the first amendment, and I can't say anything about it.