Re: Would you be interested...?

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 02:54:27 EDT

> >Is this "conversion board" (cine mon control -to- WG6100 input)
>documented anywhere?
> >Spies perhaps? I don't remember seeing it ...
> >
> >I assume Clay's kit will be a version of this "conversion board"?
> >http://www.multigame.com/KITS.HTM
> >Cinematronics to Wells Gardner/Electrohome Monitor Convertor (in
>development)
>
>I've never seen any doc's on it.

My design is inspired by the one Al found in that clone Star Castle, it's
pretty different component and implementation-wise though...

Mine is a couple of AM6012's (surface mount) with LF358's and DG211's for
switching. Avoids all that unpleasant +/- voltage stuff with the digital
switches (and the transisor based level converters). I haven't really done
anything on the color output-- just the bilevel intensity. Yet another PCB
sitting here that I haven't had time to test yet. :-/

Once the Cinemat-multigame is released I'll probably bump the priority up.
Would be cool to have most all the Cinemat Vector games in an Asteroids
cabinet under switcher control. :-)

>Rewiring the house for 2 telco, 2 cat-5, and 2 cable connections in
>each room.

Cool... Same way I wired my place! (Well, I take that back-- I did a pull
of monster-cable speaker cable instead of the second RG-6 for each room
'cause everything terminates in the equipment closet with all the amps and
electronics and whatnot. I wish I'd done the two pulls of RG-6 though... I
had the luxury of doing it before the drywall went up at least. MUCH
easier! ;-)

-Clay

Oh, BTW... If anyone sent e-mail to me at "clay@yahoo.com" and didn't get a
response-- sorry. More mail problems there. Finally fixed now, but I got
*175* "new" messages this morning that were in "limbo". Some were several
weeks old! :-(