Re: Would you be interested...?

From: James Nelson <nelsonjjjj_at_didactics.com>
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 10:38:07 EDT

I use Pads Logic and Pads PCB for schematic and layout respectively, but
they are around $2000 for the pair.
There are some free layout packages that are a lot better than the old dos
pads, but after using Pads PCB, I can't make myself use anything else.
Clay, as far as the autorouter setup, I only use it on larger boards with
lots of logic and little analog. Once you read the book, set and save the
autorouter settings, you can recall the settings and re-use them, so setup
is a cinch. If the autorouter is set well, it looks almost like I layed it
out by hand. I always go back and touch up the layout afterwards anyway.

If we are talking 50 or so logic components, I would definately autoroute
it.
If someone does the parts placement and saves it in Pads PCB format, I could
easily route it.

James