Ampliphone .8A/100v SCR

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 14:45:37 EDT

I'm fixing my first Ampliphone and have a quick question about the SCR at
Q4. The FAQ calls it 'common', but I haven't found anything searching on
the part number in the schematic -- mcr100-3 .

Is this common enough that any .8A 100V SCR will do, such as an EC103A from
Mouser ? This is listed in the "sensitive SCRs' catagory.

Is this a case where beefing up with a larger capacity part would work or
be beneficial ?

My board is missing this part, so I don't have the old one to go on.

-Chris