Re: My Lastest Find

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 04:11:04 EDT

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 KEGowland@cs.com wrote:

> The thing I find most interesting is that it has a coin door. ROM
> images and schematics would be in order here, I think. Please give us
> the details and more pix to document this piece of vector history.

Even without schematics, pictures of the circuit boards would be much
appreciated. My *guess* is that porting to standard BZ is gonna be highly
non-trivial; a discussion with an ex-Atari source a few years ago revealed
that the boardset was fairly far removed from the original.

The coin door was part of the plan - looking through my old notes, the
idea was that the Army would set these up in the recreational areas of
their bases, and the crews could get training on the cheap.

Another bit of trivia - the controls in Army BZ were indeed inspired by
the BFV, and found their way into Star Wars and were the basis for all
their "flight control" sticks.

> Awesome find though!

<AOL>Me too!</AOL> Now, *please* tell us you're close enough to
California to bring the beast to CA Extreme next year!

Later,
Doug.

--
 dougj   |