Re[2]: A little Asteroids Board Repair help.... please...

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 21:47:57 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: "TomW" <twisnion@enteract.com>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:39:12 -0600
Subject: Re: VECTOR: A little Asteroids Board Repair help.... please...

> Thanks Paul,
> Done that, its in the VSM, but why does the self test work, and not the game, and why does the manual loading of code in the vector memory to draw a plus on the screen work as well, but not the game. Basically, the fluke has eliminated, RAM ROM and MPU, I'm confused as to why the VSM would work on the internal board test pattern and the + Code (the code from the atari Cat box test procedure can be loaded thru the fluke to be executed by the VSM, at that point the drawing of the + on the screen is not CPU controlled but totally VSM ), but not work in game play ?
>

> Or better yet, what does the self test and + not execute thru the VSM that the Game play would get wacked on ?
>
> TomW

Maybe you have draw a vector in a certain place on the screen.
maximum/minimum location on a certain axis?

or

maybe its the command buffer (if it uses one)
try loading it with LOTS of vectors really fast.

does it have a flag called 'vector-done' or similar?
maybe it draws some vectors, but dont set/clear the flag?

sorry to be vague but i have not worked on a vector pcb for a long time!

GOOD-LUCK.