Re: Please help with Battlezone board

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 04:29:55 EST

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> >Watchdog is resetting in play mode.
> [...]
> >Address lines from the CPU all show activity as they should.
> >I'm pretty stuck on this one, please help if you can.
>
> Does it run at all? (Can you play for a while, or does it just perpetually
> reset when in play mode?)
>
> (If it plays for a while and dies, I'd watch the power supply closely with a
> meter or scope. My BZ was glitching during play-- turned out the +5 rail
> was browning out to around ~3.6V from time to time. I shotgun debugged it
> with a spare ARII and it's been fine ever since...)

I used to work on Atari games that did that very thing and the problem was the
resistor connected across the regulator being the wrong value (from the
factory!). One video would only fail with the back door on. With the back door
open it got just enough air flow the the regulator didn't trip out.

Don't know if an ARII is wired that way, though.

> -Clay

Windows:
32 bit graphical interface for a
16 bit patch for an