Major Havoc - No Display, Plays Blind

From: Evrovski, Andrew <andy_at_cyberplex.com>
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 09:30:48 EST

Hello Folks,

        I have a pesky Major Havoc board that refuses to give me any video.
I have replaced all chips in the video output section (AM6012, LF13201,
TL082CP, TL084CN, DAC08CN) as well as the transistors Q6 & Q7 (linear
scaling section of circuit). I am pretty much at a loss here. I thought
replacing those buggers would work, but alas, no success. All other
socketed chips have been brought over from a working board, so all RAMS,
ROMS, CPUS, AVG - 13379-?? chip (AMI), POKEYS, ATARI Custom Chips, -
literally everything that was originally socket plus the newly socketed
chips mentioned above are working chips).

        The game plays. I can pump credits, click the start and audio kicks
in proper sequences and the game plays... blind. Where do I go from here?
I am definitely at a loss for my next step and any help would be
appreciated.

Cheers
/\A\n\d\y/

Andrew Evrovski