Re: Please help with Battlezone board

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 11:22:35 EST

In a message dated 11/2/00 1:30:27 AM Eastern Standard Time, MKDUD@aol.com
writes:

<< Watchdog is resetting in play mode. In test mode, I get 2 low beeps
(2114's
 at H2 and J2 are testing good), then I get 2 high beeps (A1 and A2 are
 testing bad).
 I've socketed and replaced A1 and A2 with tested good 2114's. I've also
 socketed and replaced the LS245's at P2 and F2. I socketed replaced the
 LS244's at K3 and N2 with new AS244's. The 6502A is tested good in another
 board. Address lines from the CPU all show activity as they should.
 I'm pretty stuck on this one, please help if you can. >>

>>Did you check out the chip selects? Are you seeing activity on all the
selects? It looks like you've done most of the address/data path work..

Kurt<<

Thanks Very Much for your response. Chip select (pin 8 on 2114's) are fine on
H2 and J2 (HLP), but seem to be stuck low on A1 and A2. I'm looking at the
LS42 at B4 now, but I' waiting to get a replacement for it at the moment. I'm
also looking at LS157's at E4 and D4, and guess I'll have to go through the
stack counter as well. Any other suggestions on the chip select being low?