Re: More transformer data.

From: Max <maxhenkel_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 00:39:03 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Rodger Boots <rlboots@cedar-rapids.net>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: More transformer data.

> It should be pointed out that a game with the third prong cut off the
power plug
> will usually have about 55 volts on all the "grounded" surfaces. This is
due to
> the noise filter on the power line. The capacitors in it turn into a
capacitive
> voltage divider. Not a lot of current there, but can still give a nasty
jolt if a
> customer touches both that game and something that's correctly grounded.

Yes...... sometimes depending how screwed up power conditions are I can
touch two different machines and feel the juice flowing through me.. On
metal surfaces like two pinballs or two different changers one time.

Sort of nice..

I also enjoy discharging a Go7 with a blown LOPT through myself. That big
cap is a bit nasty. (sorry, sort of off topic)

Max