Vector Driver Board for thee PC... Your Opinion

From: Robert Mudryk <rob_at_lasers.org>
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 09:07:16 EST

we are about 3/4 of the way complete making a 8 or 16 bit ISA Vector
Frame Board and was wondering what the interest in the Vector game
community is. We plan on writing the Drivers for MAME, or any other
emulator that we can do.

Please comment, suggest, slam, support, request... I'd like to get this
right the first time

What our Board does:

-Frame Based: Meaning that you send the entire Frame at a time to the
Board, this allows hardware to do the retracing, so you keep a
percistant image on the screen while you are busy doing something
else... no jitter or flicker due to PC weaknesses

-2 Frames: 2 4096 vector Frame buffers

-Input: basic tests we've done so far, we can dump 3000 vectors to the
card in under 10ms

-Output: 2 12-bit DAC's for XY, 3 8-bit DACs for RGB

-OutPut Rate: Adjustable Fixed Vector output Rate. aka the card has
it's own clock for output rate. that you can control from the PC

-We are going for a Price Point of $250 or under

Later,

Rob.