RE: Asteroids Deluxe PCB - won't save high scores

From: Simon Whittam <swhittam_at_nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Fri Jan 05 2001 - 16:56:58 EST

If the -28V is not there, test the 555 timer. I've had
problems with those (and the EAROM).

Potential issues:

1) EAROM bad?
2) -28V not here?
3) 555 timer not working?
4) socket for EAROM - bad connectivity?
5) broken parts around the 555 timer (caps, resistors, diodes etc)?

Also check www.deja.com and the vector archives
http://www.arlo.net/vectorlist/
for more possible leads on how to fix this problem and/or others. This has
been
covered on lots of games using this Atari HS scheme.

SPW
kanata, on
canada