Wierd Tempest problem (power related?)

From: Patrick Lawrence <pjl_at_patsoffice.com>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 15:09:03 EST

Hello All,

I'm having a wierd problem with a Tempest. If the power is supplied to
the monitor the game does not appear to work (no sound, no P1-P2 lights,
test switch does not take it into test mode.) If I disconnect power from
the monitor, then the game is playable blind.

I've swapped out the AR-II and the power transformer assembly and the
problem remains. Voltage to the monitor looks good and voltage to the
game board looks good when the monitor is powered.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pat