My never ending WG6100 problems

From: Patrick Lawrence <pjl_at_patsoffice.com>
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 18:43:11 EST

Greetings all,

I've got a deflection board that blows out the horizontal deflection on
both Q705 and 706 (display is a horizontal line when the monitor is
oriented vertically.) I've checked all of the components in the 700
section of the deflection board and they're all testing good near as I can
tell. One thing that doesn't make sense is the spot killer LED comes on
but the display doesn't appear to be dimming. Not sure why that is as it
looks like any complete loss of deflection should cut off Q503.

I'm going to just replace all of the components in the 700 section but I'm
seeking input about doing that since they all appear to be testing good.
But looking at the shcematics, I don't see anything else touching Q705 and
706 except for F700 (which isn't blowing) and the LV section that's
putting out +/-26V

Thanks,

Pat

--
       "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake!" - Tyler Durden