Re: Bad hum

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_directlink.net>
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 18:32:05 EST

>My Asteroids machine has really bad hum. Well, "really bad" is normal,
>actually. Is there anything I can do to thwart this?

Try to teach it the words? :-\ (sorry, BAD joke)

Would that hum be in the audio, video or both?

Also, when you say hum, is that 60Hz or is it noise
coupling over from the bus?

I've had both issues on A and AD.

Also, if this is A in an AD or AD in an A cabinet, they
used different levels to drive the AF amp. The noise problem
may have been the reason for the change in level. We might
consider moving some of the gain back towards the board if
this is a fundamental problem.

Does anyone else have the problem (turn up the volume and
listen close)?

-Mark